Parental Survey Results - Spring 2018
This report details the findings of the third Kirkland Rowell Parent Survey for Banks Lane Infant and Nursery
School. The report measures the levels of satisfaction among the pupils’ parents for a range of criteria, which
have been previously identified as being important to the parents of school pupils. The report measures the
relative importance of the criteria surveyed, as well as providing results tables that identify the perceived
strengths and weaknesses of the school in the year to March 2018. The report also measures performance with
regard to overall satisfaction and improvement.
Summary of results for this survey
• 93 completed questionnaires were returned representing a response rate of 29.9%. The response meant that data could be drawn for all criteria.
• The parents gave an excellent overall performance score (86.0%)
• Of the parents whose children were not in their first year at the school 27% said the school had improved over the last year and 5% thought that the school’s performance was worse.
• Of the parents of new pupils, 5% felt that the school had not lived up to their expectations and 39% said the school was better than they had expected it to be.
• With regards to non-academic areas, parents are most happy with Levels of homework, Library facilities and Use of exams and testing.
• The parents are least happy with Out of school activities, Suitable class sizes and Community spirit.
• The parents' top priorities for improvement are Out of school activities, Suitable class sizes and School communication.